Niigata Kotsu Sado
Address: 80 Kawaharada-Suwamachi, Sado Island, Niigata
Offices are located in Ryotsu Port, Aikawa, and Sawata.
Niigta Kotsu Sado runs fixed-route bus services throughout the island.
Bus fares for fixed-route buses are calculated based on the distance traveled for each trip. It starts with a minimum fare of ¥210 and incrementally increases up to the maximum of ¥840. (There will be no increase once it reaches the maximum.)
Fixed Route Bus lines are identified by number.
Most buses displays a sign on the LED destination board (or behind the windshield) indicating its line number with a capital letter of the destination (e.g. 2S means the bus is bound for Sawata on Line #2, Minami Line). New vehicles have the LED destination board displaying line # with the destination in bilingual.
Dashed lines indicate Hop-on Hop-off zones.
1) Honsen Line: Ryotsu – Kanai – Sawata – Aikawa
2) Minami-sen Line: Ryotsu – Niibo – Hatano – Mano – Sawata
3) Higashi-kaigan Line: Ryotsu – Ogawa – Kakinoura- Oda
4) Uchikaifu Line: Ryotsu – Washizaki – Futatsugame – Iwayaguchi
5) Unused number
6) Nanaura-kaigan Line: Sawata – Futami – Aikawa – (Gold Mine) – Aikawa *This service includes a loop service from Aikawa connecting Sado Gold Mine and returns to Aikawa.
7) Maehama Line: Hamochi High School – Akadomari – Oda
8) Watatsu Line: Hamochi High School – Ichinomiya – Kami-kawamo
9) Kaifu Line: Aikawa – Senkakuwan – Iwayaguchi
10) Ogi Line: Sawata – Mano – Ichinomiya – Ogi
11) Shukunegi Line: Ogi – Shukunegi – Taiko Centre -Sawasaki – Ettsumi
12) Unused number
13) Kuninaka-Kanamaru Line: Sawata – Kanai – Niibo – Hatano – Mano Kanai – Sawata This is a loop line service.
14) Iwakubui Line: Sawata – Kanai – Hatano – Oda – Kakinoura
15) Unused number
16) Akadomari Line: Sawata – Mano – Akadomari – Ogi
17) Unused number
18) Sobama Liner: Ogi – Sobama Beach