Niigata Kotsu Sado
Address: 80 Kawaharada-Suwamachi, Sado Island, Niigata
Offices are located in Ryotsu Port, Aikawa, and Sawata.
Fixed-Route Bus Timetable (with Sado Kisen Ferry schedules) from April 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023.
Niigata Kotsu Sado runs fixed-route bus services throughout the island. Bus fares for fixed-route buses are calculated based on the distance traveled for each trip. It starts with a minimum fare of ¥210 and incrementally increases up to the maximum of ¥840. (There will be no increase once it reaches the maximum. (Also see Hop-on Hop-off zones.) Please have small change (coins) or a ¥1,000 bill ready before getting on the bus. The fare machine and bus driver cannot accept bills larger than ¥1,000. A series of 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day Passes for fixed-route buses are available at a cost of ¥1,500, ¥2,500, and ¥3,000 respectively. Those passes are sold at our information offices in Ryotsu, Sawata, and Aikawa, and Sado Kisen Niigata Port and Naoetsu Ports, and on the bus—please have the exact amount ready in this case. (Sado Niigata Pass— an available options for JR Pass holders—come with one Three-day Pass). One-Day Passes can also be purchased on Sado Kisen ferry boats. English bus timetable is available at information offices. We also offer sightseeing bus tours daily. Contact us for availabilities, rates, routes, and schedules.
Fixed Route Bus lines are identified by number.
Most buses displays a sign on the LED destination board (or behind the windshield) indicating its line number with a capital letter of the destination (e.g. 2S means the bus is bound for Sawata on Line #2, Minami Line). New vehicles have the LED destination board displaying line # with the destination in bilingual.
Dashed lines indicate Hop-on Hop-off zones.
1) Honsen Line: Ryotsu – Kanai – Sawata – Aikawa
2) Minami-sen Line: Ryotsu – Niibo – Hatano – Mano – Sawata
3) Higashi-kaigan Line: Ryotsu – Ogawa – Kakinoura- Oda
4) Uchikaifu Line: Ryotsu – Washizaki – Futatsugame – Iwayaguchi
5) Unused number
6) Nanaura-kaigan Line: Sawata – Futami – Aikawa – (Gold Mine) – Aikawa *This service includes a loop service from Aikawa connecting Sado Gold Mine and returns to Aikawa.
7) Maehama Line: Hamochi High School – Akadomari – Oda
8) Watatsu Line: Hamochi High School – Ichinomiya – Kami-kawamo
9) Kaifu Line: Aikawa – Senkakuwan – Iwayaguchi
10) Ogi Line: Sawata – Mano – Ichinomiya – Ogi
11) Shukunegi Line: Ogi – Shukunegi – Taiko Centre -Sawasaki – Ettsumi
12) Unused number
13) Kuninaka-Kanamaru Line: Sawata – Kanai – Niibo – Hatano – Mano Kanai – Sawata This is a loop line service.
14) Iwakubui Line: Sawata – Kanai – Hatano – Oda – Kakinoura
15) Unused number
16) Akadomari Line: Sawata – Mano – Akadomari – Ogi
17) Unused number
18) Sobama Liner: Ogi – Sobama Beach