Bike, Car & MC Rentals
Most rental bike agents offer bicycles equipped with a rechargeable-battery- driven-motor. A free cycling map can be obtained at tourist information desks.
1) Ryotsu Tourist Information Office
2) Aikawa Tourist Information Office
3) Ogi Tourist Information Office
4) Niigata Kotsu Sado Sawata Information Office (Sawata Bus Terminal)
Please be advised that one of the following licenses is necessary for a foreigner to drive a car in Japan.
JNTO Official Guide
1) An International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by a signatory country of Convention on International Road Traffic of 19 September “1949” (United Nations). The permit should be obtained before the departure of your home country. The permit is valid for one year. (The list of member countries of the 1949 Convention on Road and Traffic)
2) Driver’s licenses of Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium and Taiwan with a Japanese translation issued by Japan Automobile Federation (JAF), or a foreign embassy / consulate office in Japan.
3) A Japanese driver’s license.
Car Rental Services
Ryotsu Port Area
1) Sado Kisen Kanko Phone: 0259-27-5195
2) Watanabe Sansho Phone: 0259-27-5705
3) Island Rental-A-Car Phone: 0259-23-2455
4) Nippon Rent-A-Car Phone: 0259-23-4020
English reservation desk: 03-3485-7196
Toll free: 0120-107-186 (Within Japan)
5) Times Car Rental Phone: 0259-24-7211
English reservation: http://www.timescar-rental.com/
6) Nikoniko Rent-A-Car (Ryotsu)
Ogi Port Area
7) Sado Rent-A-Car Phone: 0259-86-3010
8) Aburaya Rent-A-Car Phone: 0259-67-7791
Open 8:30am - 7:00pm
URL: http://www.e-sadonet.tv/roserent/ (Japanese text)
We can deliver our motorcycles to wherever you are staying on the island as well as the ports, and pick them up for you at the same locations. Contact us for rates and conditions.